Out with the old, in with the bold…lip that is.
I couldn’t help but keep the theme for this fall beauty look to, you’ve guessed it, my favourite colour-burgundy! I also wanted to pair cat-eye liner with the bold lips, because it adds some playfulness to the overall look (makeup looks are all about having fun).
For this look I went to the pros at Sephora (I highly recommend Ivy- she’s knowledgable, listens to what you want & any skin concerns you may have, and has an extremely steady hand- she did my cat eye in one go!). I was fortunate enough to test out newer products from the IT cosmetics line; I love how there’s SPF in all their makeup products. I also really enjoyed all the products from Farmacy- they’re natural, smell delicious and great for sensitive skin.
There were a lot of firsts for me for this look- first time using a tinted brow gel (I’m a fan), and first time contouring. The keys to contouring involves using the right brush, the motion-it’s all about swiping up and around the cheekbone, and building the coverage- start light then add layers to achieve the perfect contoured look.
This look included full brows, light purple shadow, cat-eyes, light all over face coverage, contoured highlight and of course a bold lip!
Are you bold enough to try this look?
- Use a cleansing water to brighten the look of your skin and remove any makeup/dirt https://www.sephora.com/product/vitamin-brightening-cleansing-water-P420673?skuId=1966274&icid2=products%20grid:p420673
- For smooth skin use an age defence treatment lotion https://www.sephora.com/product/a-perfect-world-age-defense-treatment-lotion-with-white-tea-P297529?skuId=1375823&icid2=origins_lp_ageprevent_110816_carousel:p297529
- Hydrate your skin using a serum (this one is amazing at reducing redness) https://www.sephora.com/product/sake-hydrating-brightening-essence-P418865?skuId=1843242&icid2=boscia_lp_treatments_100416_carousel_ca:p418865
- To provide a glowing complexion use a lightweight moisturizer with hyaluronic acid https://www.sephora.com/product/honey-drop-lightweight-moisturizer-with-echinacea-greenenvy-tm-P420698?skuId=1964519&icid2=farmacy_lp_skin_care_solutions_carousel_ca:p420698
- Keep your under-eyes smooth and hydrated using an eye cream (this one is great for sensitive skin) https://www.sephora.com/product/eye-dew-total-eye-cream-with-echinacea-greenenvy-P400250?skuId=1755040&icid2=farmacy_lp_bestsellers_carousel_ca:p400250
- Use a hydrating essence mist and setting spray to lock in the moisture https://www.sephora.com/product/skin-dew-hydrating-essence-mist-setting-spray-P406772?skuId=1811827&icid2=products%20grid:p406772
- For makeup that lasts all day (trust me it did) use a priming oil https://www.sephora.com/product/argan-moonstone-drops-makeup-priming-highlighting-oil-P422538?skuId=1973569&icid2=products%20grid:p422538
- For an all over lightweight coverage try a CC cream (with SPF) https://www.sephora.com/product/your-skin-but-better-cc-cream-with-spf-50-P423423?skuId=1994474&icid2=products%20grid:p423423 using a foundation brush https://www.sephora.com/product/pro-foundation-47-P404041?skuId=1767151&keyword=P404041&country_switch=ca
- Using your fingers, apply a full coverage concealer underneath your eyes https://www.sephora.com/product/bye-bye-under-eye-full-coverage-anti-aging-waterproof-concealer-P411391?skuId=1868959&icid2=products%20grid:p411391
- To provide coverage, use a finishing powder https://www.sephora.com/product/bye-bye-under-eye-full-coverage-anti-aging-waterproof-concealer-P411391?skuId=1868959&icid2=products%20grid:p411391 and apply it using this brush https://www.sephora.com/product/pro-precision-powder-brush-59-P313006?skuId=1419340&keyword=P313006&country_switch=ca
- Contour on the cheekbones and near the eye area to achieve a glowing complexion https://www.sephora.com/product/ambient-lighting-powder-P377723?skuId=1716414&icid2=products%20grid:p377723 using this brush https://www.sephora.com/product/pro-precision-blush-brush-73-P313018?skuId=1419464&keyword=P313018&country_switch=ca
- Apply a shimmer eyeshadow cream https://www.sephora.com/product/aqua-xl-color-paint-shadow-P419631?skuId=1911551&keyword=P419631&country_switch=ca
- For a radiant pearl finish use the colours “love” and “all heart” from this palette https://www.sephora.com/product/naturally-pretty-matte-luxe-transforming-eyeshadow-palette-P421921?skuId=1995471&icid2=products%20grid:p421921 using these brushes https://www.sephora.com/product/pro-tapered-crease-19-P384693?skuId=1563139&keyword=P384693&country_switch=ca and https://www.sephora.com/product/pro-small-shadow-brush-15-P313025?skuId=1419530&keyword=P313025&country_switch=ca
- To achieve a glow under the eyebrows use this highlighting pencil https://www.sephora.com/product/brow-duality-P224610?skuId=1118819&icid2=products%20grid:p224610
- For a cat-eye that lasts all day (and night) try this felt liner https://www.sephora.com/product/colorful-wink-it-felt-liner-waterproof-P398001?skuId=1698695&keyword=P398001&country_switch=ca
- For long, full lashes use a volumizing mascara https://www.sephora.com/product/superhero-elastic-stretch-volumizing-mascara-P411396?skuId=1868215&icid2=products%20grid:p411396
- Fill in sparse areas of your eyebrow using this pencil https://www.sephora.com/product/brow-power-universal-brow-pencil-P411397?skuId=1868207&icid2=lp_itcosmetics_topmakeuppicks_carousel_ca:p411397
- For fuller, thicker brows use a tinted brow gel https://www.sephora.com/product/tinted-brow-gel-P187202?skuId=998864&icid2=products%20grid:p187202
- To get those bold lips, use this lipstick https://www.sephora.com/product/artist-rouge-lipstick-P410516?skuId=1850809&icid2=products%20grid:p410516